Review of The Kennedy Wives by Amber Hunt and David Butcher



While the Kennedy men appeared to be very much in the public eye, either for their politics or their exploits, their wives stood quietly by their sides. This book is the story of them and everything that they went through with the triumphs and tragedies of being a Kennedy.
Considering I grew up a few generations past the Kennedy era, I never witnessed what made him so appealing by the American people. Aside from the tragic death of him and his brother and that his sister married a Rat Packer, I knew little else about the Kennedies. But when I saw this book, something about it drew me to it. Once I started the book, I was very surprised that I enjoyed it, even from the beginning, reading about the Matriarch Rose and what kind of woman she was. Considering the era she was in, it wasn't the kind of person I would have been. As I kept reading everything that happened to these women, I got a good understanding of what made them tick and what kept them going.
I recommend this book to anyone that likes biographies and anyone that has ever had an interest in this tragic family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of The Rest of My Life by Sheryl Browne - 5 Stars!!

Review of The Wedding Reject Table by Angela Britnell

Review: Her Wolf