Review of Jinn and Juice by Nicole Peeler


Lyla is a Jinn that is a week away from breaking her curse if she can keep from being bound by a Magi during that time. Oz is a new Magi that bounds Lyla to him in order to find a friend in trouble. While helping him find his friend so she has time to break her curse, Lyla finds out that not all Magi are created equally as Oz battles to help her with an age old enemy.
While the cover is what got me interested in this book, I actually put off reading it for awhile. I'd never really read one based on the Jinn so it wasn't on the top of my list. However, once I started the book, I read it at every opportunity until I finished it. The author does an excellent job in throwing you into Lyla's life and really puts you into her character. While there's definitely a build-up of emotion between Lyla and Oz, the book isn't hindered at all by it and is full of a complete plot.
My only problem with this book is that I have to wait for the author to continue Lyla's story. Excellent read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of The Rest of My Life by Sheryl Browne - 5 Stars!!

Review of Ignited by Laurie Wetzel - 4 Stars

Review of The Wedding Reject Table by Angela Britnell