Review of Fatal Pursuit by Elisabeth Naughton - 5 Stars


Marley Addison is fed up with being taken for granted at Aegis. At the end of another job that she’s not allowed to go into the field for, she’s ready to walk out. So when her presumed dead boyfriend from several years ago calls her and tells her he’s very much alive and in danger, she doesn’t hesitate to take the company plane to Columbia to rescue him. Jake Ryder, former Navy SEAL and Aegis CEO, knows Marley is mad at him. When he gets back to the office though, he’s surprised to find that she’s gone. His gut tells him that this is something bad and not just a hasty vacation. As soon as he has an idea of where she went, he takes off, determined to protect her at any cost.
The first thing I have to say is that I wanted to smack Jake upside his head for being so bull headed. I could totally sympathize with his inner turmoil, but I found myself yelling at him a lot for the decisions he repeatedly kept making. Right from the bat I really liked Marley. She definitely seemed to be determined to go after what she wanted. However, for some reason, when she was around Grey, and to some extent her father, she seemed to lose that back bone and let them take charge in things she didn’t agree with. So yeah, I don’t remember the last time I caught myself yelling at both characters so much in a book. Beyond the yelling, I really loved them as they moved through their story.
Overall, this was a really great book. It was a real page turner. Once I started it, I didn’t want to put it down until it was finished. I highly recommend it for anyone that likes explosive passion, alpha males and strong-willed women.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of The Rest of My Life by Sheryl Browne - 5 Stars!!

Review of Ignited by Laurie Wetzel - 4 Stars

Review: Her Wolf