Players Anthology Review

24043805
Play with Me by Marian Tee
I've read other stories by Marian Tee and have had a lot of problems with her characters. I was hoping that with this story, since the male character that did the immediate falling, it would be a bit different. Unfortunately, it still just didn't work for me and I was unable to finish this story. Overall 1 star

Playing Games by Liliana Rhodes
This is a story about Cassie Monroe and what happens when she encounters Gabriel,, an MMA fighter, at a job interview. While they are able to avoid any relationship for a little while, eventually they can't resist. I really liked this story and the characters. I really liked Gabriel's dedication to to his child and Cassie's determination to be independent and have a successful career that she likes. I liked that, even though its not very long because of being in an anthology, the characters didn't rush too much into the relationship. That being said, the only problem I had was the time-frame for Cassie's feelings and trust. I felt that, for her being a strong independent woman, the time was a bit quick for her to let him control aspects of her situation and for her to trust everything he said.  I can't wait to read the extended version. Overall, 4 stars

Strike to the Heart - Malia Mallory
This is a story about Jo and Zane. Jo is a pro tennis star and Zane is an MMA fighter. This is the third story in an anthology I've read from this particular author. With the other stories, something about them just didn't work for me. However, I really liked this one. With this story, the roles are basically reversed. From the beginning, Jo and Zane have an amazing chemistry between them. Zane knows exactly what he wants, which is a serious commitment from Jo. Jo is denying her feelings and uses Zane's career to stick him into a stereotype she avoiding. I liked that in this story, Zane very much knows what he wants and isn't what one expects of someone in that career choice. I understood Jo avoidance of the person she thought he was. Overall 5 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of The Rest of My Life by Sheryl Browne - 5 Stars!!

Review of Ignited by Laurie Wetzel - 4 Stars

Review of The Wedding Reject Table by Angela Britnell