Review of In Love With A Warrior by Kara Griffen



This is the story of James Gunn, a guardsman of a Scottish lord, and Emlyn, a princess from Wales that would rather be on a battlefield than in a dress.  James is a guardsman that arrives at Emlyn's home with his army to assist in a treaty between her father and another ruler. Rather than be turned over to the enemy, Emlyn seeks James' help in escape.

I know that many romance novels rely on the reader's belief in love at first sight, and when it's a good story, I can totally believe it. However, for this story, it just didn't work for me, especially considering his first sight is of Emlyn skinny dipping. One of the biggest problems I had with the story is that Emlyn is supposed to be an independent female warrior and yet right from the first moment she saw James, I felt she totally broke that character. I know some might argue the love at first sight theory, but considering she hadn't even been a virgin beforehand, their interactions just felt like anything but love. I also found it hard to believe the situation of her parents. I can't believe that a kind, who doesn't seem to have much feelings for his wife, would let her dictate so much on his rulings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of The Rest of My Life by Sheryl Browne - 5 Stars!!

Review of Ignited by Laurie Wetzel - 4 Stars

Review: Her Wolf